To say that it has been hot here lately would be a huge understatement. I have been singing the praises and expressing thanks in any way I could think of for the invention of air conditioning. To help beat the heat, I needed to make an amazing frozen delight. So I came up with these gorgeous balsamic fig yogurt popsicles, which were packed with my beloved Mediterranean flavors!
The balsamic fig yogurt popsicles needed to freeze for at least 5 hours, but I let them freeze overnight to be safe. It worked out perfectly so that I could try one during the worst of the midday heat! Oh my goodness, these babies were special. They were so creamy from the yogurt and milk. That gorgeous fig mixture cut right through it though to make it all work together gloriously. It was the perfect summer treat! Enjoy, and stay cool friends!
These balsamic fig yogurt popsicles are such an amazing, creamy frozen treat! They have so much flavor to beat the summer heat.
- 1 pound fresh figs trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 whole lemon zested
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 and get out an 8 x 8 baking tray. Combine the figs, honey, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest and salt in the baking tray and stir it all together well to make sure the figs are coated. Roast the figs for 30 minutes, until completely tender. Take them out and let them cool completely. There will be a thick layer of flavorful juice to go with them!
- While the figs cool, set up a food processor or blender and combine the yogurt, almond milk and vanilla in its bowl. Add in the figs with all of the juices once they are cooled. Run the processor until it is a thick puree. Fill 6 large popsicle molds to the brim with the mixture and get them into the freezer to set for at least 5 hours. The mixture could also be molded into paper cups with popsicle sticks inserted. Once they are set enjoy them for a cooling treat!